Receiving Tax Forms Electronically
Utah State University is pleased to announce that employees can now elect to receive their W-2 and 1095 tax forms online.
What Are the Benefits of Receiving Your Tax Forms Electronically?
- Earlier access to tax forms
- Email notification as soon as tax forms are available online
- Eliminates the risk of your tax forms getting lost, misdirected, or delayed in the mail
- 24/7 access to current and prior year tax forms
- Multiple copies can be printed at your convenience
Federal regulations require you give consent to receive these tax forms in an electronic format. Once consent is given, it carries forward each year and does not need to be repeated. Consent is given separately for each tax form.
How Do I Elect to Receive My Tax Form(s) Electronically?
Electronic consent for tax forms can be given by following the steps below.
- In a browser navigate to banner.usu.edu and click the link for USU Access
- Alternatively, from USU’s homepage click the “Info for” link in the top menu, then click “Faculty/Staff”
- Once the page loads click “Access Login” in the quick links section of the page
- Sign in to Access using your USU credentials and, if applicable, two factor authentication
- Once in Access, click the “Employee” link or tab
- Click “Tax Forms”
- Click “Electronic Consent for Tax Forms”
- On this page, read the instructions and information then check the appropriate box(es) in the My Choice column
- Click “Submit” to provide consent to receive tax forms electronically
To revoke consent follow the steps above but, in step 6, uncheck the appropriate box(es) in the My Choice column.
How Do I Access My Tax Forms Online?
Once electronic consent for tax forms has been given and the forms are prepared, you can view them from the same system where consent was provided. To view/print forms:
- Follow steps 1 - 4 above
- Click “W2 Year End Earnings Statement” for W-2s or “Employer provided health coverage statement (1095C)” for 1095s
- To print a copy acceptable for filing click the “Printable W-2” or “Printable 1095-C” button then print however many copies you need
If you have any questions regarding electronic consent for tax forms, contact USU’s payroll office at (435) 797-1059 or firstname.lastname@example.org.